Fall 2020 - August 31 - December 18, 2020
*** MODIFIED ***
- The fall semester will be on a 16-week calendar, with instruction beginning on Aug. 31 and concluding on Dec. 11. Finals take place the following week.
- The last day of in-person instruction will be Nov. 24. Following Thanksgiving break, from Nov. 30 to the end of the semester, instruction, as well as final examinations, will only be conducted remotely.
- Classes within time blocks will be staggered and there will be 30 minutes between classes to allow for physical distancing.
- We will not observe Autumn Day.
- Read Provost Poon's message about the Academic Calendar and Other Updates
M=Monday, T=Tuesday, W=Wednesday, R=Thursday, F=Friday, S=Saturday, U=Sunday
|Aug 31 (M)||Classes begin|
|Sep 4 (F)||Last day to file an application for December degree
Last day to add or drop a class without a grade of W
|Sep 7 (M)||No classes - Labor Day|
|Sep 18 (F)||Last day for undergraduates to finish coursework for spring or summer grades of Incomplete|
|Sep 29 (T)||Census Day|
|Oct 2 (F)||Last day for instructors to submit spring or summer grades for undergraduates with Incompletes|
|Oct 16 (F)||Last day to submit mid-term deficiency grades|
|Nov 6 (F)||Last day to withdraw from classes or apply for credit/no credit grading|
|Nov 24 (T) ***||
The last day of in-person instruction will be Nov. 24. Following Thanksgiving break, from Nov. 30 to the end of the semester, instruction, as well as final examinations, will only be conducted remotely.
|Nov 25-27 (W-F)||No Classes - Thanksgiving Holidays|
|Nov 30 (M) ***||Remote instruction begins|
|Dec 11 (F)||Last day of classes|
|Dec 12-13 (S-U)||Reading Days|
|Dec 14-18 (M-F)||Final Examinations|
|Dec 23 (W)||Last day for instructors to submit final grades|