Registration and Drop/Add During the Term
First Week of a Term
During this time, a student may:
- Register for the first time
- Add a course, drop a course without a W, or both through PROWL prior to the deadline of 11:59 pm on the last day of registration week. (In reference to a semester course(s), withdraw and drop are used interchangeably prior to the drop deadline).
- Take a Leave of Absence from the University - first-time students should contact the Undergraduate or Graduate Admission offices (please do not use the form).
- Withdraw from the University - first-time students should contact the Admission office (please do not use the form).
Full-time Consideration: Students should be enrolled on a full-time basis if financial considerations (Financial Aid, outside scholarships, VA benefits, Visa Status, etc.) or other matters (athletic participation, campus clubs and services, etc.) require full-time status.
The Wait List in PROWL: this is disabled at 11:59 pm on the last day of the first week, and no further registrations from the Wait List are possible.
Officially Enrolled Classes: Students may only attend classes in which they are officially enrolled as of the last day of registration week, and are not permitted to otherwise "sit in" or "unofficially" attend a class. Instructors are not able to add a student to a class - whether prior to or after the last day of registration week.
Second Week of a Term through Last Day to Withdraw
- A student may withdraw from a course(s)/all courses from his/her schedule with a resulting grade of W in each course through the deadline to withdraw (below) and as printed in the calendars. A student may not withdraw from a course(s) after the deadline.
- If a student stops attending a course after the last day to withdraw in the semester, s/he will receive a grade of F or the assigned grade from the instructor.
Full-time or Part-time Status: Full-time undergraduate students pay flat-rate tuition, which does not enable a refund by course. For part-time undergraduate and graduate students, LMU offers a sliding tuition refund schedule tied to dates in the term.
2022 Spring - January 10 - May 6, 2022
M=Monday, T=Tuesday, W=Wednesday, R=Thursday, F=Friday, S=Saturday, U=Sunday
|Jan 10 (M)||Classes begin|
|Jan 14 (F)||Last day to file an application for May degree
Last day to add or drop a class without a grade of W
Last Day for 100% tuition refund
|Jan 17 (M)||No Classes - Martin Luther King, Jr., Day|
|Jan 28 (F)||
Last day for undergraduates to finish coursework for fall grades of Incomplete.
|Feb 8 (T)||Census Day|
|Feb 11 (F)||Last day for instructors to submit Fall grades for undergraduates with Incompletes|
|Feb 25 (F)||Last day to submit mid-term deficiency grades|
|Feb 28 (M) - Mar 4 (F)||No Classes - Spring Break Holidays
Last Day for 25% tuition refund. No refunds after March 04, 2022
|Mar 18 (F)||Last day to withdraw from classes or apply for Credit/No Credit grading|
|Mar 31 (R)||No Classes - Cesar Chavez Holiday|
|Apr 1 (F)||Last day to apply for August 2022 degree|
|Apr 13 (W) - 15 (F)||No Classes - Easter Holidays|
|Apr 29 (F)||Last day of Classes|
|Apr 30 (S) - May 1 (U)||Reading Days|
|May 1 (Su)||Last day to apply for December 2022 degree|
|May 2 (M) - 6 (F)||Final Examinations|
|May 7 (S)||Undergraduate Commencement|
|May 8 (U)||Graduate Commencement|
|May 11 (W)||Last day for instructors to submit final grades|
* Consult the refund/cancellation schedule for the academic category corresponding to your enrollment status. Fees are non-refundable after the 100% withdrawal refund period.
Students withdrawing or taking of leave of absence from the University during a percentage period may also have any financial aid they have received for that particular semester adjusted in accordance with Federal guidelines. For information regarding adjustments to financial aid please see the Financial Aid Office Leave of Absence & Withdrawal Policy.