ABOUT THE OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR
As the only official “Office of Records” for students pursuing degrees at LMU, the Office of the Registrar is authorized to
- issue official transcripts
- award degrees
- certify enrollment and degrees
- handle subpoenas and other court documents concerning student records
The Office of the Registrar has the responsibility to maintain timely and accurate records of the academic progress and accomplishments of its students, while maintaining the privacy and security of those records.
- Loyola Marymount University is a not-for-profit private university.
- The university is authorized to grant degrees in the State of California.
- All programs are accredited by ACS WASC (Western Associate of Schools and Colleges) www.acswasc.org
- English is the official language of instruction, except for foreign language studies.
- All academic programs are resident to the LMU campus unless otherwise designated.
- Undergraduate Programs require a minimum of 120 earned hours, some programs more.
- Graduate Programs require a minimum of 30 earned hours, some programs more.
- A student may be required to complete more than the minimum required hours for the degree, but never less.
- Undergraduate degrees are calculated as four years for full-time students.
- Graduate degrees are calculated as two years for full-time students.
- An LMU bachelor’s degree allows for further students in advanced degrees.