Withdrawal from LMU

A Withdrawal from the University is the permanent termination of the academic program, course of study, and the rights and privileges offered to undergraduate and graduate students.

A student who wishes to return to the University must reapply to the appropriate Admissions Office. A student is responsible for outstanding financial obligations with the University; a student who used deferred payment plans to secure student loans during their attendance at the University must clear their financial obligations with the Financial Aid and Student Financial Services Offices. A student who has unpaid bills or other unsettled financial obligations with the University, and is not current with payments, will not be able to receive academic transcripts. Once all obligations have been met, a student may order transcripts.

Current students who are uncertain whether or not to withdraw from the University are strongly urged to contact their advisor and/or Academic Dean's Office. Graduate students should contact their Program Director.


  1. Consult with the Dean’s Office, Financial Aid, Student Financial Services, and Student Housing (for residential students).
    1. Students receiving financial aid or loans must complete the Financial Aid Loan Exit Interview.
    2. Contact the Student Accounts Office to review your account and update any outstanding balances. Refunds are available based upon the University's Tuition Refund Schedule for the term.
    3. If you are a resident student, consult the Housing Office website.
  2. Other considerations: turn in library books, athletic equipment, film and television equipment, and any other items which belong to LMU.
  3. An international student must consult with the Office of International Students and Scholars to ensure that visa requirements will be satisfied.

A student may withdraw from the University on or before the last day to withdraw from the term (see Academic Calendars). A withdrawal in the current term cannot be processed if this deadline has passed. In this case, you should complete your courses and you will receive final grades in each. Your withdrawal will be processed after final grades have been posted, and will be effective in the following term.