Transfer Course Review

Any undergraduate student regularly enrolled as a degree candidate who elects to take courses at a college or university other than Loyola Marymount University must submit a Transfer Credit Review form to the Office of the Registrar prior to enrollment. The Office of the Registrar will review the course(s) for general transferability and possible fulfillment of a Core requirement. Courses taken with the intention of fulfilling a major or minor requirement must also be reviewed and approved by the Associate Dean of the student’s College or School prior to enrollment in such courses. Courses taken without this approval may not be counted toward the degree. Entering transfer students generally receive credit after admission to LMU for courses from other colleges and universities.

LMU degree-seeking students may not enroll at another institution while enrolled at LMU with the purpose of transferring credits. This is known as Concurrent Enrollment. Requests to transfer courses taken at another institution while enrolled at LMU will be denied.

Approved undergraduate courses with a grade of C (2.0) or higher may be counted for LMU credit. Credit will not be accepted for courses which:

  • Are taken at colleges not accredited, trade schools, extension programs, or correspondence programs or have been identified as being remedial or in other ways as being non-transferable.
  • Are taken on a CR/NC or Pass/Fail basis where the CR or Pass grade is not equivalent to a grade of C (2.0) or higher.
  • Are identified as duplicates to course work already completed (excludes courses that may be taken multiple times for degree credit).
  • Exceed the limitations of resident requirements.
  • Exceed the 60 semester hour maximum allowed for undergraduate course work from community colleges (including Advance Placement), or exceed the 90 semester hour maximum allowed for undergraduate course work from four-year institutions.