VA students with questions about scholarships or financial aid should contact Mr. John Flowers in that office, or questions about tuition and fees should contact Ms. Melissa Villasenor in the Student Accounts Office.
Does the VA pay my full tuition at LMU?
Not necessarily - the VA will pay a benefit based upon your benefits eligibility. LMU verifies your enrolled units and resulting tuition/fees to the VA. Submission to the VA does not guarantee VA payment.
You are responsible for any portion of your tuition and fees that are not covered by your VA benefits. Payment varies according to Chaper Benefits. Your Chapter and its benefits are determined solely by the VA.
If you have a question about how much your chapter benefits pay or will pay in a specific term, use the online system https://gibill.custhelp.va.gov/ or call one of the phone numbers identified in each of the chapters below.
Chapters 30, 35, and 1607
- The VA does not pay for LMU tuition. It is your responsibility to see that tuition and fees are paid on time.
- Chapters 30, 35, and 1607 VA contact number: 1-800-827-1000
- You must be authorized by your counselor. The VA pays LMU directly. The purchase of books and other supplies through the bookstore is also by authorization handled by the LMU Bookstore (Barnes and Noble).
The Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33)*
- If your eligibility level is not 100%, you will be required to either pay the balance or set up a satisfactory payment plan with Student Financial Services prior to the start of the semester. The VA pays LMU directly.
- Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33) recipients: 888-GIBILL-1 (888-442-4551). You can calculate the approximate costs of attendance using the Post 9/11 GI-Bill Comparison Tool website for details: https://www.va.gov/gi-bill-comparison-tool.
The Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33 Yellow Ribbon)*
- If you have 100% tuition and fee coverage as determined by the VA, you are eligible to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program. The VA pays LMU directly.
- Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33 Yellow Ribbon) recipients: 888-GIBILL-1 (888-442-4551). You can calculate the approximate costs of attendance using the Post 9/11 GI-Bill Comparison Tool website for details: https://www.va.gov/gi-bill-comparison-tool.
- The "Forever GI Bill" (Colmery Act) provides that as of August 1, 2018, recipients of the Fry Scholarship may use the Yellow Ribbon Program.
*GI Bill and Fry Scholarship recipients may qualify for the VA's Rogers STEM Scholarship.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.