Start My Benefits at LMU

The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is not required to receive veteran’s benefits or for the Yellow Ribbon program. However, as a veteran, you may also apply for other forms of financial aid.  Review our financial aid website for information on grants, and for which you might qualify as well as the details on how to apply.

**All students must have their SSN on file with the University**

New to the GI Bill and related benefits?

You must have an active account with the VA to be able to use educational benefits. See

New Students - undergraduate and graduate

  1. Be accepted by LMU 
  2. Submit the VA Benefits Certificate of Eligibility to VA Certification Office*
  3. Register for classes
  4. Submit the Semester Benefit Enrollment (SBE) form

* First-time LMU students who have previously used their benefit(s) at another institution should submit one of the following forms electronically utilizing eBenefits:

  • All GI Bill (Chapter 33) recipients: VA Form 22-1995 Change of Program or Place of Training
  • Chapter 35, 1606, or the Fry Scholarship recipients: VA Form 22-5495 Change of Program or Place of Training