First Week of a Term
Through Friday of the first week at 11:59 pm, a student may:
- Register for the first time; add a course; drop a course; take a leave of absence (LOA) or withdraw from the university without resulting grades of W.
- New students wanting a LOA or to withdraw should contact the Undergraduate or Graduate Admission offices.
- Continuing students should use the forms available in the Registrar Services Portal - RSP.
Second Week of a Term through Last Day to Withdraw
- A student may withdraw from a course(s)/all courses from his/her schedule with a resulting grade of W in each course through the deadline to withdraw as printed in the calendars. A student may not withdraw from a course(s) after the deadline.
- If a student stops attending a course after the last day to withdraw in the semester, s/he will receive a grade of F or the assigned grade from the instructor.
2023 Fall - August 28 - December 15, 2023
M=Monday, T=Tuesday, W=Wednesday, R=Thursday, F=Friday, S=Saturday, U=Sunday
|Aug 21 (M)||Wait Lists deactivated. Registration available to all students.|
|Aug 28 (M)||Classes begin|
|Sep 1 (F)||Last day to add a class or drop a class without a grade of W
Withdrawal deadline for 100% tuition refund*
|Sep 4 (M)||Labor Day - No classes|
|Sep 15 (F)||Last day for undergraduates to finish coursework for spring or summer grades of Incomplete
Withdrawal deadline for 50% tuition refund*
|Sep 26 (T)||Administrative Offices: Census Day|
|Sep 29 (F)||Last day for instructors to submit spring or summer grades for undergraduates with Incompletes|
|Oct 12 (R)||Last day to submit mid-term deficiency grades|
|Oct 13 (F)||Autumn Day - No Classes|
|Oct 20 (F)||Withdrawal deadline for 25% tuition refund*
No tuition refund after this date
|Oct 30 (M)||Spring 2024 Schedule of Classes available|
|Nov 10 (F)||Priority Registration begins|
|Nov 13 (M)||Graduate Registration begins
Last Day to file an application for May 2024 degree - for advising purposes
|Nov 14 (T)||Undergraduate Registration begins|
|Nov 17 (F)||Last day to withdraw from classes and receive a grade of W
Last day to apply for Credit/No Credit grading
|Nov 22-24 (W-F)||Thanksgiving Holidays - No Classes|
|Dec 8 (F)||Last day of classes|
|Dec 9-10 (S-U)||Reading Days|
|Dec 11-15 (M-F)||Final Examinations|
|Dec 15 (F)||Last day to file application for December 2023 degree|
|Dec 20 (W)||Last day for instructors to submit final grades|
* Consult the refund/cancellation schedule for the academic category corresponding to your enrollment status. Fees are non-refundable after the 100% withdrawal refund period.
Students withdrawing or taking of leave of absence from the University during a percentage period may also have any financial aid they have received for that particular semester adjusted in accordance with Federal guidelines. For information regarding adjustments to financial aid please see the Financial Aid Office Leave of Absence & Withdrawal Policy.