First Week of a Term
Through Friday of the first week at 11:59 pm, a student may:
- Register for the first time; add a course; drop a course; take a leave of absence (LOA) or withdraw from the university without resulting grades of W.
- New students wanting a LOA or to withdraw should contact the Undergraduate or Graduate Admission offices.
- Continuing students should use the forms available in the Registrar Services Portal - RSP.
Second Week of a Term through Last Day to Withdraw
- A student may withdraw from a course(s)/all courses from his/her schedule with a resulting grade of W in each course through the deadline to withdraw as printed in the calendars. A student may not withdraw from a course(s) after the deadline.
- If a student stops attending a course after the last day to withdraw in the semester, s/he will receive a grade of F or the assigned grade from the instructor.
2023 Fall - August 28 - December 15, 2023
M=Monday, T=Tuesday, W=Wednesday, R=Thursday, F=Friday, S=Saturday, U=Sunday
|Aug 28 (M)||Classes begin|
|Sep 1 (F)||Last day to add or drop a class without a grade of W|
|Sep 4 (M)||No classes - Labor Day|
|Sep 15 (F)||Last day for undergraduates to finish coursework for spring or summer grades of Incomplete|
|Sep 26 (T)||Census Day|
|Sep 29 (F)||Last day for instructors to submit spring or summer grades for undergraduates with Incompletes|
|Oct 12 (R)||Last day to submit mid-term deficiency grades|
|Oct 13 (F)||Autumn Day - No Classes|
|Nov 3 (F)||Last day to withdraw from classes or apply for credit/no credit grading|
|Nov 13 (M)||Last Day to file an application for May 2024 degree|
|Nov 22-24 (W-F)||No Classes - Thanksgiving Holidays|
|Dec 8 (F)||Last day of classes|
|Dec 9-10 (S-U)||Reading Days|
|Dec 11-15 (M-F)||Final Examinations|
|Dec 20 (W)||Last day for instructors to submit final grades|