Student grants access to a third-party access to parts of the student record, as designated by the student in the written FERPA release. Paper authorization requires a form to be completed and signed by the student and sent directly to the Office of the Registrar via your Lion email. Note that access is not granted immediately as the form must be processed manually.
Read these guidelines before submitting the form.
The form you submit must be the link below; older forms will not be accepted. If you choose to submit the form:
- There can be no mistakes, cross-out or white-out on the form. If you make a mistake, start with a new form.
- Each start-date and end-date field must be formatted as MM/DD/YYYY.
- The start-date must be the current or future date - do not backdate. Submission of the form allows for past academic data to be included.
- If you are not granting access to other parts of your record, do not fill out either the start- or end-date for those options.
- The detailed purpose or need for this information must be completed. Examples are:
- Insufficient: I want my parent to discuss my record.
- Sufficient: I want my parent to participate in the course selections when I meet with my advisor.
- You may restrict or remove access at any point by submitting a new form in which the start and end-date is the current or a future date.
Note: The date you sign the form must be the same as the start-date access.