Authorization to Release Student Records
LMU offers its students two ways in which to release student records data: online or by written authorization.
Online access is granted by the student; access is immediate after verification of an email address. The student may revoke access at any time.
Paper authorization requires a handwritten form to be downloaded and submitted to the Registrar's Office. Although recognized as important, the access is not granted or revoked immediately as the form must be processed manually.
Grant online access to part(s) of your student record to a parent/guardian or another designee.
The advantage to this method is that the release is under your control. You choose which information to release, for how long, and to whom you are giving access. You may revoke third-party access at any time.
Access the menu in PROWL.
Read these guidelines before submitting the form.
The form you submit must be the link below; older forms will not be accepted. If you choose to submit the form:
- There can be no mistakes, cross-out or white-out on the form. If you make a mistake, start with a new form.
- The form you submit must be completed fully and exactly as the form indicates; it CANNOT contain an error or improvisation.
- Each start-date and end-date field must be formatted as MM/DD/YYYY. You may not backdate access; the both dates must be today or a future date.
- If you are not granting access to other parts of your record, do not fill out either the start- or end-date.
- The detailed purpose or need for this information must be completed. Examples are:
- Insufficient: I want my parent to discuss my record.
- Sufficient: I want my parent to participate in the course selections when I meet with my advisor.
- You may restrict or remove access at any point by submitting a new form with a current or future end-date