First Week of a Term
Through Friday of the first week at 11:59 pm, a student may:
- Register for the first time; add a course; drop a course; take a leave of absence (LOA) or withdraw from the university without resulting grades of W.
- New students wanting a LOA or to withdraw should contact the Undergraduate or Graduate Admission offices.
- Continuing students should use the forms available in the Registrar Services Portal - RSP.
Second Week of a Term through Last Day to Withdraw
- A student may withdraw from a course(s)/all courses from his/her schedule with a resulting grade of W in each course through the deadline to withdraw as printed in the calendars. A student may not withdraw from a course(s) after the deadline.
- If a student stops attending a course after the last day to withdraw in the semester, s/he will receive a grade of F or the assigned grade from the instructor.
2024 Spring - January 8 - May 3, 2024
M=Monday, T=Tuesday, W=Wednesday, R=Thursday, F=Friday, S=Saturday, U=Sunday
|Jan 8 (M)||Classes begin|
|Jan 12 (F)||Last day to add or drop a class without a grade of W
Last day to file an application for May 2024 for academic honors and awards consideration
Withdrawal deadline for 100% tuition refund*
|Jan 15 (M)||No Classes - Martin Luther King, Jr., Day|
|Jan 26 (F)||Last day for undergraduates to finish coursework for Fall grades of Incomplete
Withdrawal deadline for 50% tuition refund*
|Feb 6 (T)||Census Day|
|Feb 7 (W)||Registration for Summer Sessions 2024 begins|
|Feb 9 (F)||Last day for instructors to submit Fall grades for undergraduates with Incompletes|
|Feb 23 (F)||Last day to submit mid-term deficiency grades|
|Feb 26 (M) - Mar 1 (F)||No Classes - Spring Break Holidays|
|Mar 1 (F)||Withdrawal deadline for 25% tuition refund*
No tuition refund after this date
|Mar 15 (F)||Last day to withdraw from classes or apply for Credit/No Credit grading|
|Mar 27 (W) - 29 (F)||No Classes - Easter Holidays|
|Mar 28 (R)||Last Day to file an application for May, August, or December 2024 for inclusion in the commencement program|
|Apr 1 (M)||No Classes - Cesar Chavez Day|
|Apr 26 (F)||Last day of Classes|
|Apr 27 (S) - 28 (U)||Reading Days|
|Apr 29 (M) - May 3 (F)||Final Examinations|
|May 4 (S)||Undergraduate Commencement|
|May 5 (U)||Graduate Commencement|
|May 8 (W)||Last day for instructors to submit final grades|
* Consult the refund/cancellation schedule for the academic category corresponding to your enrollment status. Fees are non-refundable after the 100% withdrawal refund period.
Students withdrawing or taking of leave of absence from the University during a percentage period may also have any financial aid they have received for that particular semester adjusted in accordance with Federal guidelines. For information regarding adjustments to financial aid please see the Financial Aid Office Leave of Absence & Withdrawal Policy.