Return from Leave of Absence
I. Return from a Leave of Absence:
Fill out the form below if you did not petition through the late medical leave of absence process.
- If you are returning within the two year/four-semester RLA time period, fill out form below.
- If you do not return within the four semester timeframe, you are automatically withdrawn from the University and you are not eligible to use the RLA process. If you wish to return to LMU, you must first contact your Dean's Office for permission to return to the University. If given, you must submit a new admissions application through the appropriate Admissions Office.
- Contact the Chair of your academic department or Dean’s Office to inform the department of your intent to return and the expected semester of return.
- Meet with your Dean’s Office prior to registering for classes.
- Meet all financial aid deadlines for the academic year of the expected return and clear any financial holds.
- Check PROWL for any other holds on your account that need to be addressed, and contact the appropriate office for assistance in their removal.
- If you wish to reside on campus, contact the Student Housing Office and submit all the necessary forms to apply for housing and meet all deadlines.
- If you have disabilities, you may be eligible for reasonable accommodations and/or special services in accordance with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disability Amendments Act (ADAA) of 2008. You are responsible for communicating requests for academic accommodations to the Office of Disability Support Services.
II. Request to Return from a Late Medical Leave of Absence
- If you requested and were granted a late medical withdrawal through the Student Affairs Community of Care process, see instructions on Return From a Late Medical Leave of Absence (do not fill out form below). For all other reasons, use the form below.