Transfer Information

Current LMU students should NOT use the agreement information below to select courses for transfer credit. Submit a Transfer Course Review form with the courses taken directly from the transfer school's catalog.

Transfer Credit and Articulation

Undergraduate Students

Credit for work completed at institutions accredited by one of the six regional associations of the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities may generally be accepted toward the satisfaction of degree and credential requirements at Loyola Marymount University.

Course work completed at non-U.S. institutions must be documented on an official academic record from an international institution recognized by the Ministry or Department of Education of that country. A foreign credentials evaluation may be required. International transcripts submitted without appropriate evaluations may not be considered for eligible transfer work to LMU.

The articulation services at LMU help undergraduate students to identify courses completed at other academic institutions that are transferable to LMU degree programs. Courses taken at other academic institutions may fulfill University core requirements, Program (academic major/minor) requirements or transfer in as electives. LMU has established transfer agreements with its major feeder community colleges.

See undergraduate transfer work policies.

Graduate students should consult their Dean's Office in their College or School.

See graduate transfer work policies.

Students Wishing to Transfer to LMU

Undergraduate students enrolled at regionally accredited institutions may plan for their future at LMU by following the information provided in the transfer agreements and meeting our transfer requirements and deadlines. Students or schools with questions should contact the Office of Transfer Admission and Enrollment Services at 310.338.5913 or


Read the transfer credit and articulation policies

Advanced Placement

LMU participates in the Advanced Placement Program of the College Board. Students may be granted credit at the time of entrance into the University for subjects in which they have completed the AP examinations with minimum score of 4. When official scores have been received from the College Board, the LMU equivalent course credit will be given in accordance with the equivalency table. Note that an essay is required for all examinations offering optional essays.

International Baccalaureate

Please see the equivalency table.

Previous Transfer Course Equivalencies

The Previous Equivalencies database can be accessed to see how courses from schools with no LMU Transfer Agreement have transferred in the past. Since these are not part of a Transfer Agreement, they may not necessarily transfer as indicated.